Fresh Facts! Lane End over the Decades
Happy Birthday to us - Lane End Conference Centre is 45 this year!
Lane End Conference Centre - 45 Successful YearsA pivotal conference and training hub for London, the South East and beyond, hundreds of companies book Lane End for events, exhibitions and exhilarating team-building days every year.
But if you think conference centres are all fresh coffee and flip charts, there’s so much more to Lane End. Check out these five fresh facts:
1. Our ultrafast broadband is completely free of charge - If you’ve ever been shocked by hotel charges for wi-fi access you will love this service!
Lane End’s direct fibre optic link delivers ultrafast wi-fi and hardwired internet connection with guaranteed speeds of up to 100MB – that’s 14 times faster than the average broadband. And because it’s free, you can enjoy unlimited, uninterrupted internet access from the breakfast table to the boardroom.
2. We have over 100 en-suite bedrooms – 104 to be precise! As one of the country’s first ever dedicated training centres, Lane End was designed to meet delegates’ every need.
As such, the centre has a range of fully furnished bedrooms with comfy double beds, modern bathrooms, spacious work desks and free, superfast wi-fi throughout.
3. Lane End has no less than three dedicated kitchens – This enables us to prepare our conference catering every day from scratch – from delicious warm cookies to accompany tea and coffee, to three-course sit down meals.
Our fully equipped, professional kitchens also enable us to offer an array of cooking courses, from unique chocolate making challenges to British Bake Off style competitions. Spatulas ready!
4. Lane End is a leading International Conference Centre – When we opened in 1969 major global players McKinsey & Company and Bank of America were amongst our first visitors.
With Heathrow half an hour away, we’ve been welcoming international companies ever since.
5. Our brand new Leisure and Sports Facility opens in early 2015 – Lane End’s wide range of leisure facilities is about to expand again with the addition of a new leisure and sports faciliy.
Located within our 26-acre grounds, the new double-storey, purpose-built building will house a state-of-the-art gym, indoor games, café and virtual golf facilities - perfect for some R&R after a busy day.
If you’re seeking fresh inspiration for your conference, come and see us.
Update: Learn how Lane End marked the start of our 50th anniversary in style with a 69% increase in referrals and 5% rise in revenue here.
Leave a comment
No posts found, be the first!