Live Streaming Your Conference - How to Engage Your Audience
Lane End Conference Centre near Heathrow helps top international companies broadcast conferences and corporate events live from its premises in the Buckinghamshire countryside.
Here the UK training and experiential learning venue shares five tips to maximise views and increase audience engagement.
1. Generate a buzz: The week before your broadcast, promote your event at least three times via email and on social media platforms Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Make sure high-profile presenters, attendees and key employees plug the live broadcast from their accounts too.
On the day, issue a reminder to tune in an hour beforehand and again a minute or two before the go-live.
2. Ensure great quality vision and sound: Poor picture quality, hiccups and delays are an instant turn off.
Make sure your UK conference venue offers high-speed internet connection to ensure smooth, stable streaming.
Don’t just take your venue’s word that their bandwidth is good enough, test run your video conferencing equipment on-site beforehand.
3. Add context: Keep viewers engaged by adding context to your live stream with information, such as, presenters’ biographies, the event’s itinerary and relevant document downloads.
Also, remember to install a ‘share’ button somewhere prominent on your landing page to help viewers share your content easily.
4. Viewing figures matter: Rally support from employees, stakeholders and clients to guarantee a core audience. Viewing figures tell others if it’s worthwhile watching.
5. Make it interactive: Unlike TV, live streaming your conference or event offers the advantage to interact with your audience in real time.
Involve remote audience members by hosting a live Q&A session where they can put questions to presenters.
Publish the results of the Q&A on your landing page with a subscribe button for viewers to find out more about future broadcasts.
Heni Fourie, Sales and Marketing Manager at Lane End, said: “Live streaming conferences and corporate events is an increasingly important business communication tool.
“As well as enabling you to involve core members in what you are doing, it’s ideal for reaching out to a new audience.”
Lane End Conference Centre - The Complete Conference and Live Stream Service:
In response to clients’ demand for quick, consistent video conferencing international conference centre, Lane End rolled out free superfast fibre optic broadband in 2012.
With a guaranteed top speed of 100Mbps, companies can link with live audiences around the world.
JATO Dynamics broadcast its conference to colleagues in 47 different countries from Lane End.
Alongside Grade A+ Wi-Fi, Lane End’s award-winning conference facilities include:
• Five dedicated conference buildings - offering spacious, modern conference suites, break-out rooms and overnight accommodation
• State-of-the-art audio visual equipment
• Specialist on-site catering, from fresh buffet lunches to sumptuous barbeques
• Leisure facilities, including a fully-equipped gym, tennis courts and 9-hole golf course
• Unique outdoor experiential training centre to enhance classroom training
• A wide choice of fun, physical corporate team-building activities.
Lane End Conference Centre is easy to access from Junction 4 of the M40 and only 30 minutes from London Heathrow Airport.
Update: Live Streaming is just one of many new trends re-defining the conference experience. Learn more about new technologies here.