Lane End Conference Centre: Privacy Notice
What is the purpose of this document?
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you make contact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe. We want you to have all the information required about your rights and how we use your data, so we hope the following statement answers the questions you may have but, if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
The law on data protection sets out a number of reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In certain situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent e.g. when you tick a box to receive communication about future promotions.
In certain situations, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations, e.g. if you contract an event to take place at Lane End Conference Centre.
If the law requires us to, e.g. we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Lane End Conference Centre to law enforcement.
In certain situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate business interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not impact your rights, freedom or interests. This will include communication by email or telephone about your current or future events, meetings facilities, news and relevant special offers.
When do we collect your personal data?
• When you make an event enquiry via our website, telephone or email.
• When you make an enquiry via a third party website.
• When you contract an event to take place at Lane End Conference Centre.
• When you attend an event at Lane End Conference Centre.
• When you communicate with us via social media.
• When you contact us with any queries or a complaint.
• When you enter our prize draws, competitions or complete any surveys shown on our website.
• When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
• When you enter our premises which has a CCTV system operating for the security of both our customers and employees. This system may record your image during your visit.
• When you need to use our on-site printing system to print a document from a computer device that you have brought onto our premises.
Lane End Conference Centre is a business venue and we do not record or process data for anyone under the age of 16.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
• If you make an initial enquiry via the website, by email or by telephone: your name, company name, business telephone number, business email address.
• When you make an enquiry via a third party website: name, telephone number, email address, address, details of your enquiry you wish to disclose.
• If you contract an event to take place at Lane End Conference Centre: your name, company name, business telephone number, business email address, physical business address, invoice address, company registration number, VAT number.
• If you attend an event at Lane End Conference Centre: your first initial, surname, company name, any special requirements including accessibility and dietary needs.
• Your social media username, if you communicate with us this way, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
• Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our premises.
• We require your email address to enable you to print from a computer device to our printing system.
How and why we use your personal data
• To process any enquiries that you make by telephone, email, via our website or in person. If we don’t collect your personal data, we won’t be able to process your enquiry and subsequently set up an account and contract the booking.
• To respond to your enquiries, arrange contracts, effectively plan event details, effectively cater for attendees in terms of special requests and accommodation, and respond to invoice queries.
• To book accommodation and cater for any special requirements including accessibility and dietary needs when you attend an event.
• Your personal data will enable us to keep you updated with relevant information, including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and any changes to the service we provide, etc. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. Our communications may be via post, telephone or e-mail. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
• To protect our customers, premises, assets and employees from crime, we operate a CCTV system on our premises which record images for security. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
• To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
• If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purpose of preventing or detecting unlawful acts.
• To administer any of our surveys, prize draws or competitions you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
• To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement, e.g. when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
• To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services.
• To enable you to print something here from your mobile or computer device.
Please note: if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
We understand that data security is a very important matter to all our customers. We will handle your data with the greatest care and take all appropriate actions to protect it against such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data.
We have the necessary cyber security in place to protect our servers.
Access to your personal data is password protected and encrypted.
We continually monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll keep it for a period of 7 years to comply with HMRC regulations. CCTV footage will be retained for a period of 5 months and you can opt out of any mailing subscriptions at any time.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
• Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
• That we stop using your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time, to ask for the information we hold or amend and update any of the details. Please contact Heni Fourie at Lane End Conference Centre, Church Road, Lane End, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP14 3HH or email email@example.com
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties, e.g. delivery couriers, event suppliers, fraud management and to handle complaints.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
• We only provide the information they need to carry out their specific services.
• They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
• We ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
• If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Only in the following circumstances may your data may be shared with third parties for their own purposes:
• For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
• We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for marketing purposes?
You can stop direct marketing communications from us by:
• Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that you receive from us.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Any further questions?
Lane End Conference Centre is committed to the principles of data protection and will carry out its business in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). To deliver this, Lane End Conference Centre has appointed a data protection officer responsible for the processing of personal data:
Should you require further information regarding your rights under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), this may be obtained from:
Information Commissioners Office
Information Line: +44 (0)1625 545745